Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidays complete!

The holiday season is never complete for me with out witnessing the home season of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. As I have mentioned before and will mention again Revelations is my absolute favorite piece of performance art.

Revelations
I am a pretty lucky girl and get to see many fine things throughout the course of a year but nothing ever moves me as much as Revelations. I count many of Ailey's pieces as top notch but Revelations is his defining work. There are no words to tell how much this piece embraces me. A short film was shown this year on the the 50th anniversary of this magnificent piece of work.

Celebrating Revelations at 50 Film
The evening was perfect. It was a true blessing to take my favorite child in Manhattan to share in the beauty of Alvin Ailey and his dance. AAADT has now completed its home season and will hit the road. Their tour across the USA is something you don't want to miss. If it comes near your hometown you must go. Revelations might move you as much as it moves me! Enjoy.

No comments: