Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3, 471 miles

The middle to end of August the other side of the Pond was calling our name. Nine days in London was the perfect way to cap off a beautiful summer. We took in all the sights, enjoyed the city and found a place that we truly enjoyed. As "liveable" as I find London I am willing to admit I am not sure I could handle the lack of sunshine on a daily basis. London has only been a fly-through city for me so it was great fun exploring and learning more about it. A super enjoyable day was spent visiting an amazing friend in Colchester. The day ended by taking in the lovely coastal town on Frinton on Sea. Aren't these beach huts picture perfect? I can only imagine how fun they must be when it is high tide.


Our favorite UK park...St. James's Park. Green, beautiful and full of interesting birds. That is Buck Palace just above it.


Some time spent in Constable Country on the border of Suffolk and Essex was inspiring. Easy to see how the breathtaking countryside inspired hometown artist John Constable to pick up the paintbrush!


Good, good times.

No comments: